Elder Abuse Attorneys
The family is the most important and tightest social unit. It is imperative that loved ones are safe and secure in their physical and financial life. Perhaps your parents or grandparents are retired now and have the chance to live their retirement dreams to their fullest. Sometimes, older people become confined to senior or assisted living facilities in big cities. In either case, security should be your number one concern.
The phenomenon of elder abuse is not a new topic and not one that can be solved in full. However, when dealing with issues revolving around the elderly, there is no excuse for not being proactive. At an advanced age, there are commonly concerns with elders being gullible and falling for those claiming to help them through various schemes. No matter what the case, you need an advocate that can solve the problem for you.
Elder abuse is a crime that should directly be called an immoral act. In fact, offenders are often both criminally and civilly liable. On the one hand, the District or City Attorney would prosecute and seek criminal reparations. But that’s under the Penal Code. Contrast this with a civil lawyer like Ehline. He seeks money damages for violations of civil elder law statutes.
If a caretaker hurt a senior, call Ehline Law Firm right now. Stand up for your rights.
Table of Contents:
Hire The Attorney Immediately.
It is always highly recommended that you hire an experienced attorney when you are dealing with an elder abuse case. It is because the old people are vulnerable and their bodies are not strong enough to take mental or bodily pains. Any delayed actions could result in their death, and then the case takes a completely different form. At the same time, elder abuse is not like other tort cases where you suffer from damages in an obvious manner, and you know who has caused the accident.
In these cases, you have to find out about the abuse by looking carefully at the signs. The person taking care of the old person might be doing this deliberately, or negligently. In both cases, the signs are not obvious, and you have to look for them. You wouldn’t know if the caretaker of your old parents was supervising them at all in your absence. At least you would not know unless you had cameras installed in your house.
Such lack of supervision can result in old people going out of the house and get hit by vehicles or do some damage in another form. An experienced attorney will straight away collect the evidence and signs to prove that elder abuse has taken place. Furthermore, he will work to get you compensation for the damage done to your loved one.
At Ehline Law Firm we have seasoned and experienced attorneys who have also reached the ages where they understand the pain of being old well. They can sympathize with you and represent your case in the most honest way possible.
Protecting Against Senior Citizen Abuse.
Abuse of senior citizens in any way is a shame and a moral crime. If you know or suspect that something untoward is occurring to a vulnerable family member or loved one, make sure that you have the proper Los Angeles-based attorney to deal with the situation.
Elder abuse can take shape in many forms– and if you see some of the telltale signs, such as bedsores (decubitus ulcers), draining bank accounts, or neglect you should take action. Cases of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse occur daily in California.
In fact, they happen all across the country. But it cannot be allowed to continue. So be sure to protect your relatives, especially those above retirement age.
Ehline Law Firm is proud to stand on its track record of assisting those in the most need. When people above 65 become prey, victims must retain the most experienced and aggressive advocates. Above all, lawyers get victims just compensation. Also, they will set a precedence so that harm will not happen to another family.
Solutions may go beyond the courtroom, as our committed staff will make sure that you can exhaust all options to take care of your family– to see if there is money in SSI insurance or other ways to make sure that medical bills and other issues do not spiral out of control.
There are many different ways the senior citizens face abuse. The unfortunate event is that these cases are pretty standard around the country and in Los Angeles.
The many different types of elder abuse:
- Neglect: you hire caretakers because they take the responsibility of providing full care to your loved one. The case is similar when you send your loved one to an elderly care facility. If duties remain unfulfilled, they need must be reprimanded.
- Financial Abuse: old people are not strong physically. Their senses have become inactive, and thus it is easy to make them do things. For example, people could make them sign documents without showing them the original content. They could be made to write checks they wouldn’t want to write in normal circumstances.
- Abandonment: this happens when the people or person taking care of the older adult leaves his patient alone or unsupervised.
- Attorney Abuse: many cases have taken place where attorneys made the elder people sign documents and write stuff that puts their properties and assets in the names of those attorneys – an outright fraud.
- Physical Abuse: impatient and non-serious caretakers can get angry and start beating seniors out of anger. Sexual Abuse: anything done without the consent of the old person falling under the category of sexual abuse.
What Else is Elderly and Dependent Abuse?
Believe it or not, the law provides that many things could potentially be elderly or dependent adult abuse such as:
Forcible seclusion, browbeating, expropriation and embarrassment also line up as definitions of the potential of misconduct. These are contumelious activities. In fact, this remains true even if the wounded consumer does not understand how he or she is undergoing physical hurt or injury – (Michael Ehline.)
How To Find Out About Elder Abuse?
There are several signs this is elder abuse. As mentioned above, the abuse can be physical, sexual and financial, so, these are the areas where you have to look to find out about elder abuse.
Here are the things that if noticed are signs of a possible elder abuse case:
- There is an unusual activity in the bank account of the elder person. Frequent withdrawals or large withdrawals are big signs of such abuse.
- Caretakers or friends seeking a “secret” loan are playing you. If that happens, your family is being fooled.
- The caretaker is responsible must handle the expenses and bills of the elder person. But if you see the bills are piling up, we have a problem.
- If the older adult is living in a squalor despite payments made, this is a red flag. Make sure the guardian is paying full amount for the amenities and facilities.
- You notice bedsores and other prominent coloring on the body of the old person. No doubt, these are all signs of potential beating and improper care. Steps should have taken place to protect the older adult.
Many people would feel like confronting the offender personally out of emotions, but that’s not the best thing to do. In other words, you could end up making matters worse. In any event, contact an experienced and professional attorney immediately. Don’t go it alone. Most of all, don’t sleep on your rights. Get legal assistance in this case.
We at Ehline Law Firm help settle cases fast. Our passion for our profession and justice makes us a relentless team. It doesn’t matter to us whether we are standing against an offending person or an entire corporate, we fight with passion and to make sure we win it for you.
Ehline Law professionals have always tried to be most helpful for their clients. So this is the reason we. In fact, this ensures that they are never hesitant in approaching us. Let us put our experience to use and win the settlement for you.
Our team knows Los Angeles and the laws that prevail in this region. We are aware the right ways to deal with all personal injury cases and more than 30 years of experience of our lawyers has put us in a position to make even the impossible cases possible. We can review what your options are and guide you on the path out of this nightmare. Please call (888) 400-9721