Los Angeles Area Burn Injury Lawyers
Let Ehline Law Firm Be Of Assistance In Painful Times
Burn injuries are the most painful. These types of injuries also require a very long convalescence period. The melted skin and severe issues to nerves can traumatize a person for life. On many occasions, the suffering victims of burn injuries are not able to survive only because of the pain.
The mental anguish and suffering is another sensitive side of this picture. Burns are not just painful, but they have permanent effects on the body of the injured person too. They can cause severe damages to the nervous system and body tissues, making a person disabled for life.
Blindness is another common problem when facial burns are in question. The superficial disadvantages represent the bitter side of burn injuries and can be extremely painful for a person.
Even if you can survive the burn injuries, they can leave unsightly scars on your face and other parts of the body. Facial burns require cosmetic surgeries, but if they are severe, even the best plastic surgery treatments are no good. You lose your self-concept and confidence.
Your personal and social life is directly affected. Also, your friends could start to behave abnormally towards you if the burns have caused your facial features to become distorted. Plus, your love life is always at stake due to these injuries. And this is the most painful part.
Legal Services for Burn Victims.
When burned, only the best in medical and legal care will suit. A victim without a skilled injury attorney can often be taken advantage of and can be even more vulnerable than right before the burn itself. Only a team of attorneys with the knowledge needed to take on a case like this can avoid significant and long-standing issues.
When faced with these severe burns and other injuries, doctors and other medical professionals see the long term emotional and physical effects. Our attorneys are there to assist in finding the right surgeon to deal with this burn injury, as part of our case management process.
With the right treatment and the rehab process, the wounds may heal. However, this is still a painful and long process. Only with the best physicians and specialists, you have the best chance to become whole again. A major first step is retaining the right law firm for the case.
In the 1950s there were fewer than ten hospitals in the entire United States specializing in these types of injuries. There have been major advancements in determining the problems associated with burn injury and are now approximately two hundred burn care centers in the United States.
Our skilled burn injury lawyers could assist those needing the right medical professional. These people could help you get the best treatment for your scarring, melted skin, nerve damage and even inability to sweat.
Burn injury statistics show that at least fifty percent of all burn injuries are preventable. One of every thirteen building fire deaths in the United States was caused or created by a child. Children playing with fire/matches, and the resulting fire, as an example, account for more than one-third of preschool children fatalities.
The Statistics on Number of Burn Injuries:
In the United States, approximately 2.4 million burns are reported every year. Hospitals treat approximately 650,000 burn injuries, and 75,000 patients get hospitalized. Of those burn victims hospitalized, 20,000 have major damages involving at least 25% of their total body area.
Between 8,000 and 12,000 of patients with burn injuries die, and approximately one million will incur significant or permanent disabilities due to the burn injury. (Journal of Burn Care & Rehabilitation, May/June 1992).
Most of these statistics are based on the reports received from the hospitals. Thousands of unreported cases remain absent from the official statistics. Unreported burns cause things like sunburns, scalds from a caustic liquid, match, and lighter burns, curling iron burns, and from coffee, tea, and clothing irons, and others.
Children often get admitted for these types of wounds. They are often injured in the kitchen, with the bathroom also causing many issues. Burn injuries are nearly as common as car accidents annually.
The Different Types And Causes Of Burns.
Burn injuries have many categories based on the severity of the burns and also the extent to which a person’s body has gotten burned. Some burns are so severe that the flesh on the bones also gets eaten away by the flames and the bone can be seen through the wound. Some burns are only 2nd-degree burns, but they are dangerous because they are spread all through the body, and a large part of the body is burned. Both the cases can be severe enough to take the life of the person.
The different types of burn injuries include the following:
- Burns due to explosions: explosions in vehicles or other toxic waste of factories or within the factory equipment.
- Electrical burns: these burns are caused by the products that have been faultily built.
- Thermal burns: this is direct exposure to heat or objects that are extremely hot to cause burns.
- Chemical burns: these are burns caused by chemicals present in factories and homes.
- Scalds: these are caused when a person comes in contact with extremely hot liquid such as water.
Whatever the type of burn is and regardless of its intensity, you are always encouraged to contact a reliable firm like Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC to get the representation you need to be compensated for the damage. The responsibility of the burn injuries can be on different entities depending on the scenario.
A defective product can cause burns, and the liability remains on the manufacturer such as in the case of a geezer that makes the water hotter than is required to.
A hotel management or administration can be held responsible for allowing extremely hot water into the taps. Factories can be sued for exposing their workers to chemicals that can cause burns without giving them proper protective equipment.
Similarly, there are many other cases when burn injuries are caused, and a decent lawyer can work to receive the compensation for damages.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Statistics from 1992 – Most Common Types of Burns Reported:
- 41,000 heat related injuries caused an average of four lost days of employment work per person. The most recent figures show 16,500 retail burns, 9,500 manufacturing job burn injuries, and 8,600 service industry burn injuries, including food service.
- 15,700 significant chemical burns causing about two lost days of work per person. Those averages include 5,800 manufacturing burn injuries, such as chemical producer, 3,200 service industry burns, 2,600 retail industry burns and burn injuries.
- People aged 5 to 74 get most burn injuries outside the home, followed by the kitchen area.
- From ages 75 and above, a kitchen burn is the most common area for burns. Outdoor fire accidents are the next most common locations.
- Burns and fires are the most common causes of accidental types of death in the U.S. home for children fourteen years of age and under and the third leading cause of accidental death for all adults.
- Scalds are the primary nexus of burn injury death in the home for children from birth to age four and are forty percent of the burn injuries for children up to age 14.
- The U.S. National Burn Information Exchange statistics show that people older than sixty have an increased risk of burn injury. Their burn risk is higher than any other time since youth. These burns are more severe than in any age cohort.
- The most typical burns for older adults are from flame or scalding, often due to trash fires, furnace, explosives, bathing, or falling asleep while smoking.
- The U.S. National Fire Protection Agency states that the one age class more likely be killed in a house fire is 75 and above.
- Burn injuries are among the most expensive catastrophic injuries to treat. A burn of 30% of total body area can cost more than $200,000 in initial hospital bills. For extensive burn injury, there are significant additional costs which will include costs for repeat admission for reconstruction and rehabilitation.
What Compensation Is Possible?
You can be compensated for all types of damages and losses that have resulted from the burn injuries. These damages could be physical, emotional, financial, etc. The way to guarantee that you can get this compensation is by contacting an experienced lawyer who has handled burn and explosion cases in the past immediately after the event has taken place.
Once you have the right lawyer standing by your side, you can have the responsible party compensate you for the following:
- Expenses on medical treatment of burns
- Expenses on nursing
- Any plastic surgery expenses
- Physical therapy
- Psychological mentoring
- Cost of medication
- Loss of wages
- Loss of capacity to work
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
But excellent lawyers get you to the best surgeons and doctors for your treatment. It is their obligation when they have picked up your case. After all, they’re the best. So they must have great public relations and access to their resources.
But they must be the best to do that. At Ehline Law we know we can arrange the best treatment for you at the best hospitals in the state.
The burns and explosion cases are difficult ones. It is not always easy to hold someone responsible for a burning injury. The cases need proper investigation. Furthermore, when you are standing against big companies i.e. the manufacturers of the defective products, you cannot fight alone.
Only the people who know the game can win the case for you. Fighting insurance companies, the offending party and obtaining complete compensation for physical, financial and emotional damage only remains possible for the most experienced, seasoned and knowledgeable attorneys.
Ehline Law Firm is where a team of the most professional lawyers work for your benefit. Also, we know Los Angeles. Plus, we have the best facilities for treating your burn injuries. That way we can help you remove unsightly scars from your body.
In fact, we have fought such cases in the past and for 30 plus years. Most of all, we have built an impressive track record. Plus, we are here to make sure you don’t pay a penny out of your pocket. After all, this was something you didn’t cause.
It was the entity that caused the damage that placed you here. So why should you be made to pay for and fix damages caused by someone else?
Hot Water Heater Injury? Tap water when overheated can cause painful burns, which can occur when in a faulty water heater.