What Can Happen to You After Your Slip and Fall Incident?
The physical and emotional cost of a slip and fall accident can be overwhelming. This is a type of incident that can result in back injuries
and broken ankles
. Some cases can result in broken bones and for some victims, brain damage
. In fact, the second a slip and fall accident occurs it can change your life immediately.
What are the Long Beach Trip and Fall Incidences?
Long Beach residents like every other community, are at risk for slip and fall accidents. They can occur anywhere and happen in an instant.
- Even if you remain careful when walking, you may not be able to steer clear of a fall.
- Falls like this can result in serious injuries.
Were you or a loved one has been harmed in a Long Beach trip and fall mishap?
How Do you Take Action After a Slip and Fall Mishap? If you had a slip and fall accident, there are some actions you can take, including:
- Get medical treatment immediately. Do not avoid medical care, even if you think you were not seriously injured. After all, not all injuries are immediately apparent. Because of this, they can take hours to reveal themselves. And in some cases, days may pass, or weeks may go by before signs of injuries show themselves.
- Document the names of witnesses and their contact information. If you are unable to do this, have someone else collect this information right away.
- Notify the property owner, manager or operator that the fall took place. But make sure the reporter writes an accident report and obtain a copy.
- Determine the hazard or dangerous condition responsible for your fall.
- IMPORTANT: Photographs and measurements must be taken before the scene of the incident changes or gets altered.
- Do not speak with the other party’s insurance company. Leave this up to your attorney to handle.
- Hire an accomplished slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible.
- Provide your counsel with any information from the scene of the accident. Therefore, give the agent your photos, witness contact information and the copy of the written report by the property owner. Do everything possible to strengthen your case.
Why Should You Retain a Lawyer Who Acts Promptly?
It is essential to hire counsel as soon as possible after your incident. Acting quickly will allow a proper investigation. Hence, collecting evidence before the hazard being altered is achieved.
- Witnesses will be located with a fresh recollection of the incident. Thus, the claim can be filed within the proper amount of time.
Ehline Law Firm has a stellar record of recovery in premises liability cases. Therefore, we are ready to go to the mat for you.
What are the Basics of Slip and Fall Accident Claims?
- The good news is that slip and fall incidents can settle without going to trial. But this is only achieved through skilled negotiation on behalf of the victim by a lawyer.
- Often, your case will resolve through court-ordered mediation.
When these two options do not work, it will be necessary to file a court action. The common parties named in slip and fall accident lawsuits include:
- Grocery Stores
- Food Stands
- Swimming pools
- Public Showers
- Property owners
- Property managers
- Franchise service providers
- Government agencies responsible for maintaining safe public places, where the dangerous condition is located (Learn More About Premises Liability Here.)
How Do you Recover Damages in a Long Beach Slip and Fall Case? The compensation recovered will be had in one of three ways.
The compensation the victim of this type may receive:
- Negotiated settlement
- Arbitration or
- Taking the lawsuit to trial.
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Assisted living services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Reduction or loss of future earnings.
If a slip and fall accident is fatal, the family may have the legal right to bring a wrongful death claim. Thus, the surviving kin can file a civil suit to recover compensation. Relevant here, survivors can seek compensation for losses of financial support by the victim. Thus, intangibles like loss of love and companionship included too. Plus there maybe are other losses like property that damaged or destroyed.
- For example, a fallen person could have dropped a computer during the commotion. The victim may have tripped and landed on their expensive iPhone, breaking it.
- The estate of the victim may also be able to file a legal action. Hence, you can sue to recover compensation for the victim’s heirs.
Our powerful law firm offers a free consultation to discuss your case. Don't worry, if your physical limitations prevent you from meeting in our offices. This is because we will go to you. Our ethos is "do or die" for a reason. Scheduling an appointment is simple. Call now at (888) 400-9721, or use our contact form on the website.
Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC
5001 Airport Plaza Dr #210
Long Beach, CA
Phone: (562) 731-0668.