Kenneth Hahn State Park – A Place to Come and Relax
The Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area is located at 4100 South La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles. It is one of the more popular parks within the city itself. It has reasonable entrance fees and great hours, being open from sunrise to sunset. The city describes it as an Urban Oasis and one of the largest parks within the LA city limits.
A Former Oil Site
Overall, everything is reasonable about the park. It costs only $6 for vehicles to get into the park, and these fees only get charged on the weekends. This park is managed by the County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation. It is named after former Los Angeles County Supervisor Kenneth Hahn.
Overall, this park is 338 acres and is a retreat for hikers and others. On the grounds of the park include a Japanese garden. Baseball and soccer fields also Grace the park. There is also a ten station workout course. Also, there are some of the best hiking trails in the whole County.
This Park was established in 1984 and quickly became one of the most popular in the area. This site used to be some former oil drilling sites. Supervisor Kenneth Hahn convinced vice president Walter Mondale to reuse the land to build a public open space park. It was once a popular site for motorcycle enthusiasts.
There is a lake on site stocked with trout or catfish. There are also some trees, bushes, and some significant animals around the park. The park has also been in several Hollywood Productions. This includes the Power Rangers, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
The park is also shown in the video game Midnight Club: Los Angeles. All of these aspects make it a unique place to come and visit and to spend the day. This also ends along and nearly endless articles on Los Angeles.
Driving Directions to Ehline Law Firm From Kenneth Hahn State Recreation area.
Drive time takes 32 min (10.2 miles) via La Cienega Blvd and I-10 E at Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, 4100 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90056.
- Get on I-10 E in Los Angeles from La Cienega Blvd 11 min (2.8 mi)
- Continue on I-10 E to W 4th St.
- Take the 6th St/9th St exit from CA-110 N/State 110 N 11 min (7.0 mi)
- Merge onto I-10 E 4.5 mi
- Keep left to stay on I-10 E 0.6 mi
- Use the left lane to merge onto CA-110 N/State 110 N toward Pasadena 0.8 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the 6th St/9th St exit toward Downtown/Convention Center/Figueroa St 0.2 mi
- Keep left to continue toward W 4th St 0.4 mi
- Keep left, follow signs for 4th St and merge onto W 4th St 0.4 mi
- Take S Hope St to W 5th St 2 min (0.4 mi)
Other Point of Interest: MacArthur Park.