Boating Accident Frequently Asked Questions?
Frequently Asked Questions for Los Angeles Boating Accidents By Los Angeles Boat Accident Lawyer Ehline Law
All things considered, in Los Angeles, there are various types of boating accidents. Also, they can occur in many ways.
Incidentally, the boating accidents that cause the most injuries are:
- Crewmembers are falling overboard.
- Boating collisions.
- A Capsizing of the boat.
- Flammable material explosions.
- Boat fires.
- Gasoline fires.
- Interior flooding of the boat.
Q: How often are boating accidents fatal?
A: There are approximately 1,000 fatalities per year in boating accidents, according to the United States Coast Guard statistics.
Q: In Los Angeles boating accidents what are the most common causes of fatalities?
A: The most common causes of deaths in water accidents in Los Angeles are:
- Boating collisions.
- Capsizing boats.
- Injuries from boat propellers.
- Men are falling overboard.
- Jet ski accidents.
Q: Are There Precautions that can be taken to reduce or prevent boating accidents and injuries in Los Angeles or other California location?
A. No doubt, safety procedures can be made to avoid boating accidents as follows:
- First and foremost, wear an appropriately sized approved life jacket: This is because each year there are boats that capsize and people that fall overboard resulting in approximately 50 percent of boating deaths.
- Second, before taking the boat out on the water do a vessel safety check.
- Last, never operate a boat or watercraft while under the influence of alcohol, or drink while on the water.
Q. Are known percentages of accidents caused by boat operators?
A. According to statistics, the percentage of boating accidents due to the vessel operators are almost 70%.
Q. So have there been boating accidents caused by carbon monoxide poisoning causing injury or deaths?
A. Yes, there have been injuries and deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning on boats. This is something every boater should know
In fact, here are some common causes:
- Gasoline powered engines.
- Inadequate ventilation.
- The proximity to engine exhaust.
- Boat air conditioning systems.
Q. What does the term personal watercraft mean?
A. the personal watercraft outlined by the U.S. Coast Guard are water vessels that are inboard boats. In other words, a craft that uses inboard water jet pump as the means of propulsion. These crafts are ones that people sit on, stand or kneel, like the jet ski type of craft. These watercraft operators are required to follow the same laws and requirements as those powered by propellers.
Q. How popular are these personal watercrafts?
A. All things considered, an estimated 1 million personal watercrafts remain in the United States.
Q. Are there much personal watercraft accidents yearly?
A. In fact, each year there are approximately 5,000 personal watercraft accidents with more than 2,000 injuries and about 100 deaths. In many of these deaths, the families might consider bringing a wrongful death claim.
Q. If injured in a boating accident should I contact a Los Angeles boating accident attorney?
A. In any event, it remains necessary to communicate with the Los Angeles Ehline Law Firm boating accident attorney after a waterway tragedy. These lawyers will represent you and protect your legal rights. In any event, when you hire us your case gets evaluated. Also, the options for your injury will be explained. Last, statutes of limitations can prevent compensation. So it is imperative to contact a boat accident attorney as soon as possible.
Q. Are there common factors that cause boating accidents in Los Angeles?
A. By and large, common elements exist in Los Angeles boating accidents:
- Boat operators that have consumed alcohol.
- The Negligent operation of a boat.
- Reckless operation of a boat.
- Excessive boat speed.
- Inattention by boat operator.
- Inexperienced boat operator.
- Boat equipment failure.
- Boat engine failure.
- Hazardous water conditions.
- Hazardous weather conditions.
- Restricted vision.
Q. So when is it important to report a boating accident?
A. So laws require boaters to report accidents in the below instances:
- There is death.
- When someone disappears, that signifies a possible death.
- Someone is injured and requires medical treatment.
- Damage to a boat or other property is more than $500.
- After there is a total loss of a vessel including a craft that capsized.
So if you or family members got injured in a boating accident in Los Angeles waters, please contact us now. Therefore, protect your legal rights now. Call (213) 596-9642.